Project Coordinator - Station Operations East & West - (STA00M8)
Employee Status: Regular
Office Name: Middlefield
PROJECT COORDINATOR, STATION SERVICES – EAST & WEST
Start Rate $43.49 per hour (Non-Negotiable Start Rate)
$43.49 - $55.09 per hour (ATU Bargaining Unit)
Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario and our goal is to create a transportation network that enhances the prosperity, sustainability and quality of life for the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area. We lead planning in the Province with a Regional Transportation Plan that guides the work and investments of the organization. This includes building light transit, bus rapid transit and Regional Express Rail, as well as operating GO Transit, UP Express and PRESTO.
Our Stations Services - Stations Construction & Commissioning Office operating out of the West, Central and East Operations Offices require two (2) Project Coordinators to coordinate the design and construction of assigned physical infrastructure projects.
- By representing Stations Services as a client on all large scale, multi-year capital expansion projects administered by the Metrolinx’ internal Capital Projects Group and directly managing State of Good Repair projects, you will ensure that the delivery of all construction efforts merge seamlessly with existing operations:
Manage Capital Construction and State Of Good Repair Projects through all stages of design and construction in terms of function, quality, performance, budget, schedule and approvals in co-ordination with external and internal stakeholders and authorities
Under the direction of the manager,
- co-ordinating the testing & commissioning phase(s) through all types of construction projects, in terms of quality, performance, approvals in co-ordination with internal stakeholders.
- co-ordinating the training phase through all types of construction projects, for all internal stakeholders
- co-ordinating the close-out phase, for all types of construction, establish and develop deficiency lists, follow-up on completion and execution, in co-ordination with internal stakeholders.
Administer the warranty phase, throughout the term outlined in the contract and any extended warranties from manufacturers or special circumstances, in co-ordination with internal stakeholders
Co-ordinating the handover phase through all types of construction, in terms of readiness, safety, deficiency completion and O&M Manuals and As-Built Drawings
Administering consulting agreements and Construction contracts and construction activity throughout all phases to ensure completion and adherence to contract document
Identifying, developing, estimating and recommending State of Good Repair programs
Researching, developing and recommending new technologies, maintenance standards and procedures
Producing and / or modifying civil drawings using AutoCAD.
A thorough understanding of the Occupations Health & Safety Act is essential.
Location: Flexible between: 3500 Wolfedale Road, Mississauga; 30 Wellington St, Toronto & 81 Middlefield, Scarborough
File #: STA00M8
Must have a college diploma in either Civil/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering Technology or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience providing a thorough knowledge of the theories and practices of engineering/architecture.
Must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience related to the planning, design and construction of operational facilities; interpreting and applying contract plans, specifications, terms and conditions; and coordinating contracted engineering projects. Experience with Transit or Public Facing facilities considered an asset.
Must have a minimum of five (5) years experience:
in commissioning of Civil/Mechanical/Electrical systems in operating environments and
- in the project management field as either a project manager or project coordinator. Experience must comprise of cost control, scheduling, codes, standards, specifications, reviews, acceptance testing, applicable contract legislation, and corporate policies and procedures.
Understanding of Railway Rules, Regulations, Safety and Operating Procedures considered an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to work independently, strong interpersonal, negotiating and analytical abilites are a must.
- Proficiency in the use of project management software and computer applications is essential.
- Must successfully complete environmental, safety and any other training and certification required by corporate policy.
Must have a valid Ontario Class “G” Driver’s licence.
Applications or resumes must be received online via our Current Opportunities page, no later than January 21, 2020
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
Please be advised, Metrolinx uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition. Please be advised that a Criminal Record Search may be required of the successful candidate. Should it be determined that any background information provided be misleading, inaccurate or incorrect, Metrolinx reserves the right to discontinue with the consideration of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Closing Date (Period for Applying) - External: 21-Jan-2020