Family care and assessment service company is currently looking for a personal support worker. It is an ongoing position, 5 days per week, typically 4h per shift.
- Provides personal care to the client
- Uses proper body mechanics and transfer techniques in order to carry out safe lifts and/or
- Provides cognitive, social, emotional, and psychological support to the resident/client/family
- Prepares nutritious, varied and economical meals and snacks, including special diets, as
determined by the care plan, and uses proper food preparation, storage and hygiene practices
- PSW Certificate (mandatory).
- First Aid and CPR certification is mandatory.
- Experience with using a hoyer lift and received transfer training class/course is an asset
- Food Handling certificate is an asset.
- Valid Vulnerable Sector Screening (Police Check).
- Strong verbal and written English language skills
- Must speak Cantonese and/or Mandarin
- Has the physical strength and ability to do frequent light to moderate lifting, walking, bending, stretching and pulling.
- Able to work in a pet environment.