2 Atlantic Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M6K 1X8
Fresh Style. Fresh Careers. Founded in 2006, Joe Fresh is a leading source for modern style and accessible design, offering comprehensive lifestyle collections for men, women and children. Joe Fresh delivers quality and compelling value in categories spanning apparel, accessories, footwear and Joe Fresh Beauty® cosmetics. Joe Fresh collections are polished and sophisticated, with a focus on essential designs that appeal to a broad range of style-savvy consumers
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Why is this role important?
The Associate Buyer is responsible for providing support and follow up for the Senior Buyer in all aspects of the Womens Tops, Dresses and Bottoms business. This individual will participate in all activities of the buying process and follow up on all daily activities in the buying office.
What you’ll do:
- Assists in achieving sales, profit and inventory targets.
- Partners with Senior Buyer to understand all financial aspects of the business including budgeting and forecasting.
- Assists the Senior Buyer with completion of category and assortment planning and strategies ahead of development including financial planning, commodity work up, key volume item identification, cluster updates and marketing requirements.
- Assists the Senior Buyer with the management of the inline business including, attending inline/space planning meetings, forecasting sales, monitoring inventory and assisting with launches and exit strategies.
- Monitors category sales weekly and proposes actions to the Senior Buyer/Senior Director as necessary (markdowns, promotional events, delivery follow-up, etc.).
- Updates at period end the financial matrix with actual sales, gross profit, and receipt data. Has working knowledge of Open to Buy.
- Updates at period end the commodity blend summary with actual data.
- Completes gross profit adjustments, scan logs and error codes.
- Responds to reports provided by the planner to ensure store scanning issues are minimized.
- Partners and works closely with various member of the internal and external teams; visual, marketing, product development, design, space planning, supply chain, vendors, etc.
- Completes weekly ad hoc reporting.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Merchandising.
- Minimum 1-2 years of buying experience.
- Must have strong knowledge/passion of womens' apparel.
- Must be self motivated, have solid interpersonal skills and be able to function well in a team environment.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Pivot Tables, Word and Power Point.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Joe Fresh, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Type of Role:
Joe Fresh recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.