Job Title: Quality Control Technician
Reports to: Quality Assurance Manager
Employment Type: Full-time Permanent
Protenergy Natural Foods Corp. is a fully integrated manufacturer of natural food and beverage products. From concept through product formulation, analytical and sensory testing, nutritional evaluation, packaging and logistics – we are your single source for cost-efficient, high quality products.
We currently supply many leading retailers and branded manufacturers across North America and around the world, specializing in soups, broths and sauces.
Position Summary: This position will implement quality assurance procedures to assure conformance of incoming ingredients, materials and finished products to establish specifications and quality standards.
- Responsible for organizing, testing, modifying, re-sampling and releasing all aseptic soup batches.
- Must be proficient at setting up, calibrating and performing;
- Total Solids, Brix, pH, Density, Sodium and Organaleptic evaluations.
- Responsible for organizing and testing all aseptic final product. -
- Must be proficient at setting up, calibrating and performing; Code interpretation, Total Solids, Brix, pH, Density, Sodium and Organaleptic evaluations.
- Assist with micro testing, pH testing and plating when required, i.e. busy season or early release requirement
- Read all plates and fill in the micro record for manager’s signature. If any counts found investigate.
- Collect, pack and send samples to outside lab.
- Change hot room temperature chart
- Package integrity evaluation
- Case inspection, case code inspection.
- Peroxide test
- Cooler inspection.
- Glass check
- Line start up check
- Hourly batch pH test check
- Line weight checks
- Pasteurizer checks
- Initiate NCR, place Hold tags on product if in the building.
- Update NCR book
- Follow up and close open NCR’s
- Perform in-house Environmental Air testing, in-house Environmental Aerobic & Listeria swabbing, in-house water testing.
- Collect & send out to third party lab Environmental swabs for salmonella testing, aerobic testing, water testing.
- Post secondary education required. Bachelor’s degree in a Food Science related field is preferred.
- 1-3 years experience in the Food Industry
- Organized and a meticulous eye for detail and accuracy
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Team player with ability to work cross-functionally, enthusiastic , strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter / strong initiative
- Familiar with CFIA/FSEP audit system
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
Job Type: Full-time
- Food Manufacturing Industry: 2 years
- Quality Control: 2 years