Work for a Global Logistics leader by joining DSV; a dynamic, ethical and forward thinking company. Headquartered in Denmark with successful operations in 80 countries and the fastest growing logistics provider in North America!
DSV continues to expand its footprint in Canada, and therefore requires an individual who thrives in a fast paced environment, always looking to exceed their own expectations, and wants to move forward in their career.
The Warehouse Associate plays an important role in all the warehouse functions starting from inflow of the products till the time products leave the warehouse to ensure a smooth transition. the basics jobs for the warehouse associate is to support the operations by receiving, labelling and locations on the racks, picking, checking, packing and shipping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- All functions related to warehouse duties to be carried out as per SOPs.
- Implement receiving process.
- Responsible for the product to be put away in a specific designated area.
- Implement various Value Added Services as needed
- Efficiently pick customer orders, ensuring order accuracy and locate to the processing area.
- Process shipment
- Repack and weigh any orders that require such handling when necessary.
- Once processed, implement shipping process.
- Process Returns as required.
- Conduct cycle count and annual physical inventories as required.
- Follow and maintain a safe work environment which also includes housekeeping.
- Able to read and count accurately, do simple math, and write legibly.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to operate RF Scanners as needed.
- The ability to follow directions is extremely important.
- Internally motivated, self-starter with ability to plan, organize and establish priorities to meet goals and achieve results.
- A positive work attitude and the ability to work within a team environment.
- Good communication and time management skills.
- Mobility and lifting in accordance with OHSA regulations.
Education and/or Experience
DSV is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, DSV will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.
DSV seeks to fully integrate the principles of Employment Equity and will ensure the full participation and advancement of members of historically disadvantaged groups (i.e., members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, women, and aboriginal peoples). DSV will achieve this by ensuring that its hiring process is fair and equitable for all persons.
Job Type: Part-time
- High school or equivalent