Job ID: 7087
Job Category: Community & Social Services
Division & Section: Shelter, Support & Housing Admin, SSHA Homelessness Init & Prevention Svcs
Work Location: SS&HA - SEATON HOUSE, 339 George Street
Job Type & Duration: Part-time,
Hourly Rate and Wage Grade: $23.91 - $26.20 Please note: The salary reflects 2019 rates
Shift Information: Various Shifts, On an "as required' basis
Affiliation: L79 Unit B PT
Number of Positions Open: 13
Posting Period: 27-Mar-2020 to -10-Apr-2020
- Maintains and ensures a high standard of cleanliness with the effective use of supplies, solutions and equipment such as floor and buffing machines, steamers, and vacuums.
- Adheres to safe work practices.
- Cleans and disinfects all types of surfaces such as floors, walls, ceilings, tables, chairs, beds, and other furniture.
- Cleans and disinfects fixtures such as sinks, toilets, showers, tubs and mirrors.
- Cleans all appliances.
- Strips and refinishes all types of hard floor surfaces.
- Sets up rooms for shelter resident and staff use.
- Receives items delivered and carries/moves items to designated storage areas.
- Performs maintenance duties and small repairs such as replacing light bulbs, unplugging drains and toilets, changing A/C filters, furniture repairs etc.
- Shovels snow, salts walkways, uses snow moving equipment such as snow blowers.
- Cuts grass using lawn maintenance equipment such as mowers, weed trimmers and ensures parking lots, walkways and other areas are free of all debris.
- Maintains supply inventory in designated areas/locations.
- Able to work in a commercial laundry room sorting linen, using industrial equipment.
- Collects and sorts garbage and recyclables and removes to designated areas.
- When required, travels to alternate work sites to complete assigned duties.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Experience in performing various cleaning, housekeeping and maintenance activities.
- Experience in using property maintenance machines, cleaning equipment, materials or solutions.
You must also have:
- General knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS.
- Knowledge of issues relating to homelessness.
- General understanding of operating systems such as fire safety, HVAC and other mechanical equipment.
- Ability to maintain co-operative working relationship with other staff, shelter residents, visitors and service contractors.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, prepare and maintain records.
- Ability to lift, push, pull heavy items as well as climb ladders.
- A valid Ontario Driver's License is an asset.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts, days, evenings, nights and weekends.
The George Street Revitalization (GSR) project is underway and , programs and services located
at Seaton House (339 George Street) will move to at least five (5) other sites over the next one
(1) to two (2) years. As a result, your work location will change to one of the new GSR sites.
- All successful candidates will be required to provide a current Vulnerable Sector
Police Reference Check.
- A Police Reference Check program brochure is available at
NOTE TO CURRENT CITY OF TORONTO CUPE LOCAL 79 PART-TIME EMPLOYEES: If you are a current City of Toronto Local 79 part-time employee, you must indicate that you are a "Current Part-time employee" where? of your on-line application form, and provide your "Employee Number" in order to be considered for this job opportunity as part of your application process.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.