At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This position resides in Markham, Ontario
and is a 12 (internship)
month work term commencing September 2020
. It is mandatory
that all applicants are enrolled in full-time
studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
Junior HR Partner Intern Job Description:
The Human Resources Partner Internship will support those who fill the role of maintaining client focus by working with and supporting business line management to deliver HR solutions in support of their business objectives and HR Canada strategies. As an intern you will be part of our North America Manager Solutions Center (NA MSC) performing the role of an HR Partner. You will support and work alongside an experienced HR Partner within the NA MSC to support First Line Managers. Essentially the HR Partner is the one face of HR to their management clients and engages HR experts and process owners as needed to support their client.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Applies conceptual knowledge of basic professional HR processes to execute HR programs and respond to First Line Manager inquiries.
- Demonstrates appropriate HR skills and competencies for this position.
- Works with team members or assists others in advising HR professionals and management on underlying principles of HR programs and HR Policy.
- Engages in decisions and problem analysis with other professionals to clarify their HR needs and translates them into alternative courses of action.
- Recognizes challenges and opportunity for improvement relative to the execution of HR programs and provides feedback to program owners for resolution.
- Performs root cause analysis of recurring problems related to HR programs administered on day to day basis and offers alternatives for resolution.
- Works on projects requiring theoretical understanding of HR issues; projects are reviewed by more senior members of team for increased program understanding and ability to articulate programs and rationale to HR management.
- May directly influence people in own team to effect process improvements.
- Accountable for accuracy of information and data provided to other HR professionals and management on standard HR programs.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Strong MS Windows Excel, PowerPoint, Word
Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong Analytical skills
Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
Strong organization skills and ability to work with high volumes
About Business Unit
French Language would be an asset
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.