Job ID: 1691
Job Category: Health Services
Division & Section: Seniors Services & Long Term Care, LTC Regional Services
Work Location: To Be Determined
Job Type & Duration: Part-time
Hourly Rate: $23.91 - $26.20 Please note: The salary reflects 2019 rates
Shift Information: Various Shifts- Days, Evenings, Nights and Weekends
Affiliation: L79 PT LTCH&S
Number of Positions Openings: Multiple
Posting Period: 06-01-2020 to 20-01-2020
Location and Shift Information: This posting will be used to fill vacancies across our 10 Long-Term Care Homes as required
- Sweeps, dusts, damp mops, washes, scrubs, strips and finishes all washable floor surfaces.
- Dispenses cleaning solutions and uses equipment such as mops, disinfecting tools, buffers, floor scrubbing and carpet cleaning machines.
- Vacuums, spot cleans and shampoos carpeted areas and furniture using required equipment.
- Cleans, washes and disinfects all washroom facilities such as toilets, sinks, bathtubs, showers etc. and restocks supplies as required.
- Cleans, dusts and disinfects all rooms and furnishings in the facility such as stairs, stairwells, railings, assistive devices, wheelchairs, dining room chairs, radiators, light fixtures, vents, walls, windows, doors, air vents, elevators and their tracks, laundry and garbage chutes, push plates and kick plates and all touch surfaces.
- Cleans accidents and spills.
- Polishes stainless steel, wood, brass, etc.
- Defrosts, cleans and disinfects refrigerators.
- Damp dusts pictures, wall mounts, wall hangings, light fixtures and mirrors.
- Performs damp dusting at a high level.
- Dry dusts all tiled areas.
- Carbolizes (Disinfects) to beds, bed rails and floor mats, mattresses, night tables, wardrobes, dressers, etc.
- Collects and removes garbage, trash and bio-hazardous medical waste.
- Empties bins, checks for infestation and reports to Supervisor.
- Washes garbage bins and garbage storage areas.
- Prepares garbage bins for pick up.
- Checks privacy curtains and drapes for cleanliness, missing hooks, missing rollers and repairs as needed.
- Removes and rehangs curtains.
- Vacuums ceiling tiles, air vents and wipes ceiling frames.
- Sorts and loads soiled linen bags onto carts.
- Sets up, moves and takes down furniture, tables, chairs etc. for functions.
- Monitors and secures facility.
- Reports repairs required on maintenance requisitions, maintenance performed, vandalism, etc. to supervisor, as required.
- Records hot water temperature readings, conducts audits and completes documentation.
- Performs minor maintenance duties such as changing light bulbs, unplugging toilets and drains and securing door hinges.
- Assists in monthly cleaning of the main kitchen and cleaning of servery daily.
- Cleans and stores equipment and machinery used.
- Shovels snow and salts walkways and parking lots, including minor landscaping.
- Loads and unloads supplies and replenishes as required.
- Stocks and maintains cleaning cart.
- Performs storekeeping duties.
- Delivers clean linen to units.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Experience in following infection control protocols and procedures.
- Experience in using floor maintenance machines, cleaning equipment, materials and solutions.
- Experience in performing various cleaning, housekeeping and maintenance activities in an institutionalized environment.
You must also have:
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the provisions that apply to this work.
- Knowledge of Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care Guidelines.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, heavy items as well as climb ladders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with staff, residents and families.
- Ability and willingness to work weekends, holidays and shifts as assigned as well as work in multiple locations.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, prepare and maintain written records and use communication equipment such as telephones.
- Ability and willingness to transport residents from their room to the dining area.
- Ability to support the Toronto Public Service values to ensure a culture that champions equity, diversity and respectful workplaces.
- Excellent teamwork, customer service and problem solving skills.
- Hours of work can be up to 80 hours bi-weekly, however, hours of work will be decided based on operational needs.
- As a condition of employment with the Senior Services & Long-Term Care Division, selected candidates will be required to provide a satisfactory Police Reference Check (PRC) with vulnerable sector screening, tuberculosis screening and proof of immunization in accordance with the Long-Term Care Homes Act (O.Reg.79/10).
NOTE TO CURRENT CITY OF TORONTO CUPE LOCAL 79 PART-TIME EMPLOYEES: If you are a current City of Toronto Local 79 part-time employee, you must indicate that you are a "Current Part-time employee"on your on-line application form, and provide your "Employee Number" in order to be considered for this job opportunity as part of your application process.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.
City of Toronto -