Apollo Health & Beauty Care (Apollo) is a premium developer of private label and control label health & beauty care products and leverages unique expertise and experience in developing national brand-equivalent products designed to compete equivalently with the most popular national brands. The largest private label and control label personal care manufacturer in Canada, Apollo has formidable penetration and distribution in the North American marketplace and also services customers throughout Central and South Asia, Mexico, Europe and Asia. Building on our core values of Excellence and Commitment, Apollo has established itself as a market leader that attracts the industry's top talent. We are currently searching for an energetic, motivated Quality Control Laboratory Technician to join Apollo Team!
Reporting to: Quality Control Laboratory Technician Team Lead, the Quality Control Laboratory Technician performs analysis and testing on raw materials, semi-finished and finished products in accordance with approved methods, SOP, cGMP, GLP & GDP requirements.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Performs physical and chemical testing on raw material, in-process, finished product, stability and water samples.
- Maintains all related records within cGMP & GLP guidelines and provides accurate documentation of tests performed and results obtained.
- Ensures that all analytical test results are within the acceptable range specified on the Certificate of Analysis forms.
- Ensures samples are submitted to the microbiological laboratory in a timely basis or dispatched to an external laboratory as required in a timely basis.
- Performs laboratory equipment calibration in accordance to procedures, record results & maintain calibration documentation.
- Investigates & documents out of specification results.
- Files raw materials and external laboratory Certificates of Analysis into their respective binders.
- Provides experienced input with respect to development & amendment of procedures & practices in the analytical area.
- Recommends solutions to process improvements in the lab.
- Follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs), all communicated health & safety procedures and other policies in effect by the Company.
- Wears, uses and cares for personal protective equipment (PPE) as communicated and required.
- Uses equipment, materials and machinery only as authorized.
- Identifies and reports any hazard(s), accidents, injuries requiring first aid, health care, lost-time injuries, occupational diseases, spills or incidents in the workplace.
- Maintains laboratory equipment
- Flexible Shift working as business needs.
- Available to work on extended hours and/or weekends as required
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: 2-3 years’ experience with high school diploma or equivalency required or 1-2 years’ experience with post-secondary education or other job required certification or license required; Bachelor Degree in Science required;
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS/CONTACTS: some access to confidential or sensitive information; some internal interactions and/or some minor external interactions; purpose of internal/external contacts is not related to complex matters; no selling, negotiating, consulting, teaching/instructing, or advising; standard level of written and verbal communication skills required for successful job performance
PROBLEM SOLVING/JUDGMENT: position is closely monitored and decisions follow prescribed guidelines; some minor analysis required; occasionally makes recommendations or referrals; responsible for solving simple technical problems
MENTAL EFFORT: requires average levels of concentration and/or attentiveness; average duration and/or intensity of efforts; requires average amounts of thinking, watching, listening, verifying, checking numbers, creating or designing
PHYSICAL EFFORT: occasional duration or intensity of physical effort; moderate energy required in terms of standing, walking, lifting, keyboarding, pushing, pulling, sitting, packing, assembling, bending or twisting; includes moderate fine or coarse movements
MATERIAL RESOURCES: average level of consequence and costs associated with errors as related to losses of time, money, or property; moderate responsibility for machinery, work aids, equipment, materials, properties, products, stock, inventory or tools
INFORMATION RESOURCES: average level of consequence and costs associated with errors as related to losses of time, money or property; average responsibility for information and or services; limited access to confidential, sensitive or proprietary information
PEOPLE/POLICIES/PRACTICES: no responsibility for people, policies or practices in terms of assigning work, development, evaluation, supervision, health and safety, performance, scheduling of work, training, coaching, or well-being; may occasionally demonstrate work practices to others
FINANCIAL RESOURCES: no responsibility for financial data, money or financial transactions, financial records, expenditures, acquisition, financial analysis or risk management; has limited to no opportunity to cause a negative impact to the organization or cause a serious consequence as a result of an error
ENVIRONMENT: works in a manufacturing environment with regular exposure to dirt, dust, grease, oil, noise or temperature extremes; occasionally may face multiple demands or distractions; has limited or occasional exposure to poor ventilation or verbal abuse
HAZARDS: average to moderate exposure to chemicals, fumes or smoke; has limited to occasional potential of injury, harm, illness or infectious disease; has regular exposure to machinery or equipment; does not require travel
"Apollo Health & Beauty Care Ltd. will ensure accommodations are available in consultation with candidates during all stages of the recruitment process"
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties outlined on this job description may not be all-inclusive, and can be modified at any time if requested by management. Apollo is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process. Apollo will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those meeting the minimum qualifications will be interviewed.