To supervise the provision of all city-wide customer-facing scheduled and emergency water and wastewater related field service requests such as water meters, water service investigations, low pressure investigations, hydrant permits, emergency watermain turn off/ons and sewer drain cleaning etc
- Implements detailed plans and recommends policies/procedures regarding program specific requirements.
- Supervises, motivates and trains assigned staff, ensuring effective teamwork, high standards of work quality and organizational performance, continuous learning and encourages innovation in others.
- Supervises the day to day operation of all assigned staff including the scheduling, assigning and reviewing of work.
- Authorizes and coordinates vacation and overtime requests.
- Monitors and evaluates staff performance, approves salary increments, hears grievances and recommends disciplinary action when necessary.
- Provides input into and administers assigned budget, ensuring that expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget limitations.
- Supervises and coordinates the activities of staff in investigating and implementing corrective action as required and responding to emergency situations that may arise while minimizing the impact on both staff and customer service delivery including responding to after hour emergencies when necessary.
- Ensures that service orders, reports and forms completed by staff are accurate and completed in a timely and efficient manner and entered into the appropriate works management system and into City of Toronto billing system.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable municipal, provincial and federal legislation and regulatory requirements
- Monitors and reviews work management systems, and the Network Control Computer (NCC) to ensure quality assurance and efficiencies while maintaining excellent customer service.
- Ensures optimal utilization of management and software database systems by assigned staff and other Toronto Water staff and contractors.
- Maintains warranty control process to determine responsibility for water meters, meter registers and other associated WMP components such as computer systems and related software, etc.
- Maintains required records in accordance with the City’s Policies and Procedures and prepares reports and maintains daily record of operations and provides various monthly reports, year-end summaries and reports of all work performed on the previous years.
- Participates in the design, selection, implementation and utilization of performance measures for the unit.
- Researches and evaluates information on the development of new products and procedures and explores new technologies and practices to improve efficiencies and continuously evaluates and improves work flows, process and practices.
- Liaises with staff for purchasing contracts, quotations and request for proposals including developing and writing specifications for contracts, system components, programs and/or studies to ensure compliance with City requirements, standards and other regulations.
- Acts as the lead or as a member of various internal or external teams in order to promote continuous improvement activities including technological and management processes and systems in order to prepare and produce new procedures, practices, programs and by-laws.
- Maintains knowledge and experience in the workings of various types of specialized equipment including computer programs and software related to all water and wastewater operations and activities.
- Works with and provides information to City Legal Services and Insurance and Risk Management to resolve claims or disputes with contractors, insurance company representatives, property owners, residents and all other water users.
- Liaises and corresponds with property owners, industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) customers, residents, Councillors, consultants, contractors, government agencies and a variety of City staff on various service related water and wastewater issues, and water meter related issues.
- Supports and promotes the Division's vision, strategic plan and change initiatives through leadership, participation, communication with direct reports and application of functional policy.
- Develops and manages client and stakeholder expectations and relationships through effective service agreements, communication and monitoring of commitments and obligations.
- Represents the Division/Cluster/Corporation at a variety of meetings with clients, stakeholders and service providers.
- Must possess a Post-Secondary diploma or certificate in a related field (engineering, sciences, communication or public administration) valid in the Province of Ontario, or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience in the inspection operation, maintenance and installation of water distribution, wastewater collection infrastructure and/or water meter appurtenances.
- Experience providing work direction, coaching, mentoring and teaching others.
- Must possess and be able to maintain a valid Province of Ontario Class “G” driver's license and qualify for the City’s driver's permit.
- Experience investigating and resolving service requests/complaints in accordance with appropriate City by-laws, Departmental policies and guidelines.
- Working knowledge of Collective Agreements and experience in Labour Relations, with the ability to handle employee and labour relations issues.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Ministry of Environment Class 1 Water Distribution and Class 1 Wastewater Collection Certificate of competency within sixteen (16) months of being offered the position.
- Knowledge of budgetary process and the requirements.
- Ability to forge solid internal and external relationships/partnerships with various stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Labour Relations Act and Occupational Health & Safety Act and all other related regulations and legislation.
- Strong customer service orientation, problem solving and results orientation.
- Ability to communication effectively both orally and in writing to a wide variety of audiences including senior managers, employees, the media, the public, elected officials and external agencies.
- Must be able to work various shifts and be available for standby/call out and be prepared to work overtime.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion:
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the public and the communities in which we live and serve.
[10 days ago]
If you are an individual who requires accommodation
[10 days ago]
Who We Are
Founded in 2012, Julie Clark (founder & CEO) began studying Aromatherapy, Holistic Health, and Esthetics in Toronto. Julie formed the foundation of her skincare expertise through, experimenting with raw materials and natural ingredients. Province Apothecary wants to create the purest, effective products that benefit even the most sensitive complexions so that everyone can feel beautiful in their own skin. Province Apothecary began with the mission to produce the best skincare products using only high quality, certified organic ingredients sourced from each Canadian provinces. Julie and the team expertly formulate blends and packages all products by hand in small batches, ensuring the highest quality skincare for you.
Province Apothecary is currently seeking an experienced Customer Service Coordinator within the clinic team, located at our storefront, 1518 Dundas St W. This position works closely with our Clinic manager that is responsible for overseeing our clinic and treatment side of the business.
What You Will Do
- Store + Clinic: Open and close store/clinic, organize and manage store inventory on the weekend, restock shelves, maintain store/clinic environment, use Shopify POS + Moneris to check out clients.
- Appointment scheduling: work with the customer to book and reschedule treatments.
- Customer Service: answering customer phone calls, share product knowledge and make skincare recommendations to customers
- Opening and closing duties, balancing cash at the end of the week.
Who You Are
- You love engaging with people; you are comfortable and enthusiastic in speaking with customers, sharing knowledge and creating relationships. You remember returning customers and provide a welcoming experience for all.
- You are a great salesperson; you have experience working in a boutique retail environment and you are passionate about natural skincare and helping customers with their skin issues.
- You are a great communicator; you are able to articulate yourself, with both customers and within the PA team. You use your communication skills to get your point across in a way that is representative of Province Apothecary.
- You are a person of integrity; honesty, trust, and ethical decision-making are at the core of who we are. These are important to you and you model these values in your decision making and in your interactions with colleagues and, customers.
- You’re very reliable: you are responsible, dependable, and have a positive attitude, are enthusiastic, friendly, and professional, and you work well under pressure.
- Knowledge of natural skin care and green beauty industry an asset
- At least 1 years Retail experience
- Preference will be given to candidates with Shopify POS system knowledge
- Software we use: Shopify, JaneApp, Enlistly, Google Drive.
What We Offer
This is your opportunity to join our team and work for one of the most sought-after natural skincare companies on the market. Province Apothecary is a rapidly growing business with a small team, each team member providing a key role in the business. We work closely, and we work very hard. Our office and production space is casual, but it is also a fast-paced and professional environment.
This role pays $14/hour and is a part-time contract, Saturday - Sunday 12 pm- 6 pm. We anticipate continued growth over the coming years, which will provide a tremendous opportunity for you to grow with us.
[10 days ago]
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding administrative position where you can utilize your organizational, communication, and time management skills? If so, then we have an opportunity for you!
Neurosciences & Mental Health is currently seeking an energetic, independent and organized Administrative Assistant to support 3 scientists in Psychiatry Research. The successful candidate will act as a resource and a communication link within the department.
Here’s What You’ll Get To Do:
- Process and monitor cost centers (basic accounting functions, expenses, billings, payroll, etc.)
- Analyze monthly financial reports and follow up on discrepancies with Grant Accountants appropriate department(s)
- Manage credit card bills, expense claims, and process invoices.
- Liaise with appropriate personnel to follow-up on financial matters.
- Support Human Resource functions as it relates to recruitment, performance and attendance management, and terminations
- Coordinate payroll information for hiring of trainees adhering to university human resources and payroll deadlines
- Facilitate the orientation and onboarding of new staff and trainees
Meetings & Travel
- Coordinate travel arrangements for Faculty and staff
- Organize and/or provide support for meetings, events and conferences arranging travel and accommodations, and preparing itineraries.
- Manage processing of travel reimbursements and related expenses
- Arrange meeting rooms, meals, and audio visual and equipment services for meetings/events
- Establish and manage telephone conference calls as required
- Schedule and confirm appointments for Scientist (s) using judgment to reschedule or book appointments according to changing priorities
- Handle incoming inquiries as needed
Grant submission and CV maintenance
- Assist with preparation, completion and submission of research grant applications, including equipment, studentship and postdoctoral fellowship applications adhering to agency and university policies, procedures and deadlines (preparation includes researching and gathering information and preparation of curriculum vitae, Common CV, significant contributions, etc.)
- Facilitate the research process through the provision of advice and education
- Maintain curriculum vitae information in a database program for tracking of publication records and research grant information to be used for various reporting area
Reception Duties (for Physiatry Research)
- Provide waiting room support from 9 am to 5 pm.
- Handle and direct parent inquiries as required.
- Requisition, manage, and order office supplies, computer/lab equipment and furniture as needed
- Ensure office equipment and furniture are operational and coordinate preventative and restorative maintenance/repair schedules
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of senior administrative experience, preferably in the health care industry
- Strong understanding of basic financial accounting
- Expert knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with many interruptions and multiple priorities, both independently and as a team member
- Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Experience with Adobe Professional Creative Suite, Photoshop, Endnote and WordPress is an asset
- Experience with website Content Management System (CMS) is an asset.
Employment Type: Permanent, Full Time