We're Multimatic, a world class Canadian automotive systems provider. Our success has been fueled by a team of highly skilled, passionate individuals wanting to make a difference. With a global presence that includes facilities in Canada, the U.S., the U.K., Germany and Japan there is always room on our growing team for individuals who share our dedication to technical excellence and quality. Those ideas have made Multimatic the benchmark supplier of advanced components, systems and services to the automotive, aerospace and consumer product industry.
Multimatic Inmet is currently looking for a Materials Planner who will ensure on time delivery of all raw material to support production schedules and customer requirements. Increasing company profitability through effective management of material requirement planning and scheduling, by maintaining inventory accuracy and increasing inventory turns.
- Generate EDI releases to vendors. (which include; raw material and outside processors)
- Validate system parameters are accurate to align inventory levels and delivery schedules for all vendors, to ensure parts are available in time to meet the production schedules
- Establish and monitor overall procedures, methods, projects, policies and programs designed to improve MRP control, efficiency and company profitability
- Responsible for the accuracy of month end and year-end Inventory
- Responsible for all inventory reports
- Back up to Production planner and Press Shop scheduler
- Participate in Employee Involvement teams
- Report monthly on KMIs
- Attend production meetings, pre-production meetings, etc and to ensure the timely communication of information to necessary personnel.
- Perform any other assignments designated by the Materials Manager.
- Works in compliance with TS16949 standards.
- Maintains due diligence in regard to environmental matters, minimize any potentially harmful accidents and work in compliance with ISO 14001.
- Will work in compliance with all legislative requirements of the OHSA
- High school graduate
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in the automotive industry
- 2 to 5 years’ experience with MRP systems (SAP preferred)
- Good working knowledge of MS Office
- APICS would be an asset
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees in the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
Multimatic Inmet offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please reply with your resume, and cover letter outlining your salary expectations.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, please note that accommodations are available, upon request, throughout the selection and assessment process for job posting applicants with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- MRP: 2 years (Required)
- Material Planning: 2 years (Required)
- automotive industry: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
License or certification: